Minor Division 2 Finals


North Kerry Minor Division 2 League Final

Knock/Brosna v St Senans

Friday September 13th 2013

Frank Sheehy Park at 6.30pm E/T if required.

Minor Division 2 League Semi Final
Report by Mairead OSullivan

Beale 2.10 v St Senan's 3.14

With Beale off to the best start in the first minute wing forward Shane Hanrahan rattled the Senan's net, again Beale were on the attack and in the 3rd minute Killan Walsh split the posts. The Senan's boys regrouped went on the attack and fired for goal but Beale's number 1 Peter McMahon pulled of a great save and went on to save 3 more certain attempts on goal, but David Behan corner forward split the posts in the 5th minute, it took until the 10th minute for the next score which came from the boot of David Foran, Foran went on to score 1.04 throughout the game, a free converted in the 13th minute by David Behan, a 45 converted by Bill Keane in the 18th minute , a free converted by Cathal Kennelly in the 21st minute and it was all Senan's. Beale didn't get of the mark until the 24th minute when Shane Hanrahan converted a free, again Shane converted a free in the 29th minute for their last score of the half. Senan's David Foran kicked 1.02 between the 22nd and 32nd minutes and in the 26th minute David Behan pointed. Half time score St Senan's 1.08 - Beale 1.03

The second half and it was a great contest Beale upped there game and drove at Senan's, It was wing forward Bryan Wall (Beale) on the scoreboard first with a point in the 2nd minute, Senans kept the pressure on and David Foran pointed in the 5th minute, a free converted by David Behan in the 6th minute and then with a quick moving ball Bill Keane went for goal and rattled the Beale net in the 10th minute, a free converted again by David Behan in the 11th minute saw Senan's go 1.07 up. Beale dug deep and responded with a free converted by Shane Hanrahan in the 12th minute, St Senans pointed again in the 13th minute, Beale's Shane Hanrahan stood up and pointed in the 16th and 18th minutes, Bryan Wall pointed for Beale in the 19th minute, the play went up and down the pitch until the 22nd minute when St Senans David Behan rattled the Beale net. A quick reply again by Beale's Shane Hanrahan who split the posts in the 23rd minute, the play was all Beale's but St Senans defence were tight helped out by Sean. T. Dillon, It took Beale until the 27th minute to break through when full forward Eoin Holly rattled the Senan's net. Bryan Wall Beale pointed in the 29th minute for Beales last score. Senan's went on to point two more full time score St Senans 3.14 - Beale's 2.10

Referee: Gerdi Carroll Asdee

Teams: Beale: Peter McMahon, Neilus Mulvihill, Mark ODonoghue, Steven Linnane, Wayne Jones, Blake Hornyak, Rory Mulvihill, Arron Farrell, Shane Hanrahan, Bryan Wall, Killian Walsh, Eoin Holly, Daniel Ellis,

St Senan's: Darragh Kennelly, Donnacha Brossan, Sean. T. Dillon, Gearoid Galvin, Alan Kennelly, Alan Kelly, Micheal Keane, Eoin O Carroll, Colin Browne, Bill Keane, David Foran, Cathal Kennelly, David Behan.


A blistering start from Knock/Brosna that yielded 1-2 inside the opening 9mts paved the way for a comfortable victory over a spirited Ballyduff who only came out of their shell in the second half in this well contested North Kerry Division 2 League Semi Final played in excellent playing conditions at Duagh on Tuesday evening last. Jack Goulding was without doubt the best player for the Duffers with Cathal Kearney, Kevin Bowler and substitute Tom O Connor showing up well throughout; but in truth the combination side had the edge in most departments with Cillian Keane and Kieran O Donnell a constant threat in attack while the likes of Maurice O Keeffe, Michael Walsh and Cillian Fitzmaurice solid in defence. Eamon Prenderville also chipped in with some nice long range points. The combination side laid down a marker from the word go and inside the opening 7mts had rattled the net on 2 occasions; both coming from Kieran O Donnell; with 1 from the penalty spot and at this stage led 2-1 without reply. Ballyduff now looked a team without ideas but it was their star player Jack Goulding who was keeping them in touch; firstly he careered through from 45 meters to finish with a splendid strike to the net after 11mts and a minute later Kevin Bowler was unlucky not to regester number 2 only for a timely interception by a Knock/Brosna defender. At the other end 2mts later Knock/Brosna got in for a goal of a rather soft variety when Conor Sheehan lobbed the ball goalwards and it finished up in the net. Jack Goulding, (f) and Kieran O Donnell exchanged points as we entered the remaining 10mts of the half but it was the combination side who finished with some excellent points leaving the half time score Knock/Brosna 3-6 Ballyduff 1-2. Ballyduff got the upper hand on resumption and once again Jack Goulding was very much to the fore kicking the opening 4pts by the 7th mt. to narrow the gap to just 6pts. However for all their possession they never seemed to threaten the combination goalkeeper. Knock/Brosna weathered the storm and again enjoyed a purple patch towards the conclusion of the contest with Cillian Keane and Darragh O Sullivan exchanging goals but in fairness the Ballyduff boys never gave up outscoring their opponents by 1-6 to 1-5 in that second half but even though the combination deserved their win the Duffers will rue a poor first half display. Teams and scorers; Knock Brosna; Gearoid Kelly, Maurice O Keeffe, Cillian Fitzmaurice, Conor Sheehan, 1-1, Michael Walsh, 1pt, Ritchie Cottor, Shane Fitzmaurice, 1pt, Eamon Prenderville, 3pts, Darragh Curtin, Damian Fitzgerald, Kieran O Donnell, 2-1, Timmy Finnegan, Cillian Keane, 1-4. Ballyduff; Sean Brown, John Hussey, 1pt, William Nolan, Seamus Teague, Cathal Kearney, Kevin Bowler, Ian Lawlor, Jack Goulding, 1-5, (4f), Damian O Carroll, Ryan Whelan, John Dowling, Michael Rochford, Erik McKenna. Subs used; Tom O Connor, 2pts, Darragh O Sullivan, 1gl. Referee Eddie Anthony Walsh. St. Marys, Asdee.